Obsession 619 (2007)

December 25, 2007

So, I’m sitting here on Christmas Day, uploading all sorts of music, podcasts, and TV shows to my brand-new iPod (I love my husband!), and I am in desperate need of the track list for Obsesssion 619. I have imported all of CD #1, but I cannot find CD #2 or #3. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

And, a question from an iPod novice: do you end up spending an inordinately huge amount of time downloading and syncing, or is just the first time?

1. Shannon permalink
    December 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Would you believe that I have it here in front of me? No really, honest.

Disc II

Higher Ground – Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Burning Down the House – Talking Heads
    Birdhouse in Your Soul – They Might Be Giants
    Love Shack – B52s

2. wendalicious permalink
    December 25, 2007 8:36 pm

OK, could you give me the Disc 1 rundown, too? I’ve got them all out of order. Thanks! 🙂

3. Joanne permalink
    December 26, 2007 5:54 pm

Its pretty amazing, but that mix has held up pretty gosh darn well over the years. I’m still not tired of it.

4. Shannon permalink
    December 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Of course! Order was key at the time. (And of course it ages well…it was our masterpiece mix!)

And um….I need some of disc 2 and 3…and maybe a song or two from 1. My discs are messed up. We’ll chat. 😉

Disc I

Obsession – Animotion
    Drama! – Erasure
    Let’s Talk About Sex – Salt N Pepa
    Mysterious Ways – U2
    Like the Way I Do – Melissa Etheridge
    All I Want – Toad and the Wet Sprocket
    The Reflex – Duran Duran
    Stay – Shakespeare’s Sister
    Two Princes – Spin Doctors (Uggg – You know why)
    Suicide Blonde – INXS
    Take a Chance on Me – ABBA
    Blister in the Sun – Violent Femmes
    Istanbul (Not Constantinople) – They Might Be Giants
    I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
    Shock the Monkey – Peter Gabriel

5. Shannon permalink
    December 28, 2007 9:29 am

Ok – I typed out the entire first disc, hit Submit and POOF! It vanished.

Wendy – you may want to check your spam trap for it. It probably didn’t like all the sex references, haha (Let’s Talk About Sex, etc.)

6. wendalicious permalink
    December 28, 2007 8:08 pm

Spam trap emptied…
    And I too cannot seem to find a few choice songs…

Divine Thing, Voulez-Vous, Five Piece Chicken Dinner (I’m sure no one except me even likes that song), Between Something and Nothing.

Many songs that I was missing were found on the “Hot Wet Hot Wet” compilation disc – a Patrick Fitzgerald original creation, I do believe. The CD’s were burned and given to me by Michael O’Keeffe. What a strange collection – it includes such masterpieces as “Le Freak”, ” “99 Luftballons” (the German version), “Goody Two Shoes”, and “The Safety Dance”. And a couple others that I just didn’t recognize.

We will definitely have to swap discs, Shannon. We need our collections to be complete.

7. Shannon permalink
    December 28, 2007 10:04 pm

I LOVE that Beastie Boys song. Love love love it. So no, you’re not the only one.

I was blaring it at work the other day when the office was 99% empty. It was cool.

Or, I really am that much of a dork.

8. wendalicious permalink
    December 28, 2007 10:30 pm

If you’re a dork, I’m a dork.

9. December 28, 2007 11:18 pm

I have all of it, not to worry. I may have bought a few of the missing tracks thru iTunes, though, which means I can burn them to CD just fine, but you won’t be able to use them on your iPod, Wendy. Damned DRM!

10. wendalicious permalink
    December 29, 2007 12:12 am

That sucks. I guess I’ll have to fork over the money and buy them myself, if I can’t find them elsewhere.

I located “Pride” and “And We Danced” in Bob’s CD collection, which is even more eclectic than mine, as i discovered tonight. Guns n Roses, Prince, 10000 Maniacs, The Clash, AC/DC, The Best of Daryl Hall and John Oates, Hanson (!), The Goo Goo Dolls…

11. Joanne permalink
    December 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Hanson? Dear lord, its a good thing you didn’t discover that before the wedding.

I never got a copy of Michael’s CD revival of Hot Wet Hot Wet, and I’m pissed.

12. wendalicious permalink
    December 30, 2007 1:35 pm

I can burn you a copy, Joanne. Don’t worry!

And, as far as Hanson goes, Bob claims it belonged to his ex-wife’s daughter, and he forgot to give it back to her when they got divorced. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it.