Lots of cool stuff happening at the Schenectady Greenmarket this Sunday! From now until May, the Schenectady Greenmarket will be held inside Proctors, from 10am-2pm.
Activities, Performances, and Demos:
- Local Expert, Chef David Brough will demonstrate proper techniques for cutting up chicken at the market this Sunday. Shoppers may purchase fresh, whole chickens from Cooper’s Ark Farm then bring them upstairs to the Local Expert table to learn how to cut them up.
- Live classical and new age guitar from Harry George Pellegrin. Harry is a good friend of mine – he played at my wedding! He’s fantastically talented – don’t miss this opportunity to hear Harry!
- Children’s Activities with Mark-IT Art. A new mini art project each month. Kids of all ages can be creative and make art.
- 11am – Jam session with Tim Barker and Friends. Bring your guitar, violin, mandolin, banjo, bass and play and sing along.
- Community Table: Waggin’ Tails Pet Rescue.
- The Farmers Market Nutrition Program for 2009 concludes this Sunday, senior citizens and WIC recipients can use their coupons with any produce vendor at the market.
- Variety vendor: Burden Lake Creamworks
- Alternate week vendors: David Smyth, Moseskill Marketplace, Full Quiver Farm
What’s Fresh and New at the Market this Sunday:
- Cooper’s Ark Farm: eggs, fresh whole chicken, chicken sausage, and MAYBE a couple turkeys for Thanksgiving.
- Madura Farms: exotic mushrooms, micro-greens, sprouts, popcorn and unique vegetables including black radishes
- Pixies Preserves introduces a new line of no-sugar added spreads made with just fruit (no added sweeteners). Also try their seasonal Pumpkin Pecan Butter.
- Native Farms: long-lasting Fall and Thanksgiving centerpieces with dried fruit, grains and greens
- Hudson-Chatham Winery: desert wines packaged in distinctive bottles for holiday gift giving
- Ambition Cafe and Eatery: omelets, coffee, egg sandwiches
- Saratoga Peanut Butter Company: sample the new gingerbread peanut butter–Catch me if you can!
- Merry Hill Farm: alpaca yarn, fiber for spinning and crafts, and hand knit alpaca accessories and NEW sock and scarf knitting kits!
I hope to see you there!