My New Masterpiece – Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Fudge

December 14, 2009

Yesterday I mentioned my new creation – my own FrankenFudge – Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Fudge.  Today, I unwrapped the 2-pound solid block to see how it developed.  Amazing.  Just amazing.

A Piece of Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Fudge

A Piece of Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Fudge

It tastes exactly liked I’d hoped – a creamy vanilla, laced with the waxy, sugary goodness of rainbow sprinkles.

A Heaping Pile of Fudge

A Heaping Pile of Fudge

The sprinkles were evenly dispersed throughout the fudge, giving the confection it a carnival-like appearance, evoking images of hot summer days, licking dripping vanilla ice cream and errant sprinkles from my hands, which are greedily clenched around a squat crispy wafer cone.

And, now for the beauty shot:

Fudge

Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Fudge

1. December 14, 2009 10:25 pm

That’s great, I love how festive the fudge looks. That’s going to make nice fudge for gifting. Care to share your fudge recipe?

2. wendalicious permalink
    December 14, 2009 10:53 pm

It will make a great gift if it lasts that long! 🙂

Recipe is easy:

2 Tbsp Butter
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2/3 cup evaporated milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    4oz marshmallows
    1 bag of whatever flavor chips you want to use
    1 cup of add-ins (nuts, sprinkles, etc.)

Combine butter, salt, sugar, and milk in heavy sauce pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients, stir vigorously until combined. Pout into foil-lined 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with topping if desired. Allow to cool and set in refrigerator.

3. December 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow! Bravo!!!!

4. Marlene permalink
    December 15, 2009 4:37 pm

If it tastes as good as it looks you could make a mint on it!

• wendalicious permalink
      December 15, 2009 9:08 pm

No, thank you. I don’t like mint.

5. December 15, 2009 9:01 pm

I like that the recipe is adaptable, now you don’t take the temp? You just time yours? What heat are you cooking at? Electric or gas?

I made some pumpkin fudge this fall that was amazing but it looked softer than yours. I like the texture (at least from the look of it) of yours.

• wendalicious permalink
      December 15, 2009 10:48 pm

No, no thermometer. Medium-high heat, pretty good boil for 4.5 minutes. I guess it would bring it to the soft ball stage, but I never actually measured the temp. I think the marshmallows are the key ingredient to keeping the recipe so simple and preventing the crystallization that ruins candy. I’ve been using the same recipe for more than 10 years, and it hasn’t failed me yet!

Trackbacks