Just got this update from the good folks at the Schenectady Greenmarket:
According to the New York Times,1 in 8 Americans receives food stamps. In an effort to make the market more accessible to everyone, the market organizers are sponsoring EBT (electronic benefit transfer) promotion. At least 16 of the Greenmarket vendors will have special pricing for those who use their EBT cards – a list of participating vendors and offers will be available at the market table.
Entertainment at the Greenmarket this weekend, too:
- Market Stage: Peter David and Friends–Sponsored by the Dance Flurry Festival
- Jam Circle: Quebecois Jam with Steve Fry, John Guay, Vonnie Estes–Bring your accordion, fiddle or feet and participate!
What’s Fresh at the Market This Week:
- Cornell Farm: greens, carrots, potatoes, garlic, leeks, squash, onions and more
- Underwood/Shushan Hydro: tomatoes, mixed heads of lettuce, spinach, arugula, herbs and green beans!
- Cooper’s Ark Farm: Eggs and frozen bulk chicken sausage
- Barber Family Farm: squash, carrots, garlic, fresh greens, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, potatoes
- Mariaville Angus: black angus beef, hickory smoked boneless hams, pork roast, bacon, flank and skirt steak
I’ll be there! Hope you will, too.