The Schenectady Symphony Orchestra is teaming with Schenectady County Community College’s Culinary program to present Tasting Notes, an evening of select wines and food (prepared by SCCC Culinary students), complimented by music performed by orchestra members. The event will be held on Thursday, November 4, beginning at 5:30 pm at SCCC.
The cost for the four-course dinner, including six wines, is $100 per person, a portion of which is a tax-deductible donation to the SSO.
Reservations for Tasting Notes may be made by calling the Symphony office at 372-2500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit the SSO website at www.schenectadysymphony.org.
Seating is limited and reservations must be made by Friday, October 29.
Here’s a look at the intriguing menu of food, wine, and music:
Tasting Notes Menu & Program:
- Reception featuring imported and domestic cheese board, crudités with dip
- Music: Smooth Jazz
- Wine: Caposaldo Prosecco Brut, Veneto, IGT
- Orecchiette pasta in a light tomato and three cheese sauce
- Music: “Serenade No. 10 for Flute and Harp” by Vincent Persichetti, movements I – VI
- Wine: 2007 Sequoia Grove Chardonnay, Carneros, Napa Valley
- Autumnal spinach salad tossed with sun-dried cranberries, caramelized pears, toasted hazelnuts and champagne vinaigrette
- Music: “Quintet for Winds, Op. 43” by Carl Nielson
- Wine: 2009 Wild Rock “Elevation”, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Choice of Petit Filet with a chimichurri rub with grilled shrimp, served with roasted potatoes and a medley of zucchini, yellow squash and red pepper OR Grilled Vegetable Tower of seasonal fresh vegetables served on a bed of wilted spinach and drizzled with a balsamic reduction
- Music: “L.A. Tango” by Michael Wicks and St. Paul Suite by Gustav Holst
- Wine: 2007 Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir, Napa Valley and 2007 Tenuta di Cabreo “Il Borgo”, Toscana, I.G.T.
- Fall Fruit Crumble of apples, pears and cranberries baked with a brown sugar and oatmeal topping, finished with cinnamon whipped cream
- Music: “Tales from the Vienna Woods” by Johann Strauss II
- Wine Croft Pink Port, Douro, Portugal
Corporate sponsors for this special event are Kobrand Wines and Spirits, University Wine and Liquor, Rose and Kiernan, Inc., and the Glen Sanders Mansion.