I’m exploring some new features for Wendalicious in 2012, and some of my ideas revolve around wine, one of my favorite things to consume. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d love your answers to a few questions about wine, which will help guide some of my writing and other projects for this year. And, if you could share the poll with your friends and family – post a link on Facebook, maybe? – I’d greatly appreciate it.
After taking the survey, please feel free to share any thoughts and ideas for things you’d like to see on Wendalicious! Just click the button below to open the survey (survey pops up in a new window). Thanks! The list of questions is after the jump.
In general, how do you feel about wine?
- I love it
- I like it, but it’s not my preferred adult beverage
- I don’t like it at all
- I’ve never tried it
- I think it all tastes like the stuff you get at church. Yuck.
What type of wine do you generally prefer?
Where do you buy wine (please select all that apply):
- Liquor Store
- State-run package store
- Grocery store
- Wholesale club store
- Directly from a winery
- I only drink wine when dining out
On average, how many bottles of wine do you have on hand?
- More than 10
- I have a well-stocked cellar
In what kind of glassware do you serve your wine?
- Glasses specifically crafted for the specific varietal I’m serving
- I have glasses for red, glasses for white, and champagne flutes. Nothing specific beyond that.
- Just wine glasses – nothing special
- Whatever glasses happen to be clean
- Big Red Cups
- Who needs a glass?
How do you feel about screwtops on wine bottles?
- They’re a disgrace to the wine industry
- They’re the greatest
- I don’t care either way, as long as I can get to the wine
How do you feel about wine in a box?
- I love it
- I hate it
- Some is good, some is not so good
Is it ever acceptable to add seltzer/soda/water to a glass of wine?
- It depends
- Care to explain?
Have you ever attended a guided wine tasting, or taken a wine class?
- I’ve attended free public tastings at a local wine shop
- I’ve attended a tasting at a friend’s home
- I’ve hosted tastings at my home
- I’ve taken a wine class presented by a restaurant/wine shop
- I’ve taken a wine course (a series of classes, either online or in a classroom setting)
- I’ve never attended a wine tasting or class
Would you be interested in participating in an online wine course (live video streaming, such as a Google Hangout)?
- What is a Google Hangout? Sounds dirty.