Update 2/16: Steve Barnes (Tablehopping on the TU) reports that The Pentagon Restaurant in Schenectady is now closed.
Fire up OpenTable – Schenectady’s Restaurant Week is coming! From February 20-26, diners can enjoy 3-course dinners at participating Schenectady County restaurants for the low low price of $20.12. It’s strongly suggested that you make reservations – the most popular (read: expensive) restaurants fill up quickly, and are often sold out. But, you’re in luck, because Schenectady’s Restaurant Week is featuring 28 (!) restaurants, and you’re bound to find great deals at the vast majority of them.
Here’s the list of the participating restaurants. You can take a look at all of the special restaurant Week menus by clicking over to www.SaySchenectady.org.
- Alto Grille at The Parker Inn
- Ambition Cafe
- Angelo’s Tavolo
- Aperitivo Bistro
- Bangkok Bistro
- Bombers Burrito Bar (Not sure how you get your money’s worth with this one. Wings, burrito, and a beer? Eh. Not worth it.)
- Brandon’s Steak & Seafood
- Café NOLA
- Cella Bistro
- Clinton’s Ditch
- John Riccitello’s Restaurant (best Schenectady restaurant you never knew was there)
- Manhattan Exchange
- Moon & River Café (the vegetarian option)
- More Perreca’s
Pentagon RestaurantRestaurant is now closed. See note at top of post.
- The Stockade Inn
- Stoney’s Irish Grill (this one makes me laugh, because this used to be a townie bar that my ex-husband’s parents frequented)
- Taj Mahal
- Tara Kitchen
- Tops American Grill
- Turf Tavern
- Union Inn
- Van Dyck Restaurant & Lounge
- Villa Tuscan Grille
- The Water’s Edge Lighthouse
Lots of choices, and there’s really something for everyone. I have to be honest, though: some of these menus are really stretching it to be included, and it seems that you could get a better deal during anytime other than Restaurant Week. I’m looking at you, Bombers.
Here are my picks for Schenectady Restaurant Week, based on their special menus:
- Best Bang for Your Buck: Looks like Brandon’s is offering the best overall menu. Lobster tail!
- Close second: Cella Bistro. Homemade gnocchi!
- Best Ethnic Choice: Tara Kitchen. The special menu is very limited, but the food is great (had lunch there last week). Harissa Marinated Olives!
- Best Dessert: Café NOLA. Beignets!
- Biggest Dessert: More Perreca’s Famous ½ lb. All Buttercream Cupcake.
- Best Bonus on Menu: Ambition Cafe. Free wine tasting for guests over 21!
- Most Delicious-Sounding Menu Item: Tops American Grill. Bruschetta El Greco: Homemade focaccia bread, grilled and topped with a mixture of virgin olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, artichokes and crumbled Feta cheese. You had me at sun-dried tomatoes…
- Best Choice if You Like Beef: Turf Tavern. A Prime Rib (plus appetizer & dessert) for $20? Great deal, if you like Prime Rib.
- Best Menu Item That Reminds Me of the Brady Bunch: Manhattan Exchange. Pork Chops and Applesauce.
Bon Appétit à Schenectady!