Really? We’re This Lazy Now?

February 27, 2012

Just saw this pop up in my Google Reader. I weep for the future, I really do.

Is it really that hard to add ice and maybe some milk to cold coffee?

1. iottoknow permalink
    February 27, 2012 11:47 pm

I need this. Now. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to go to the store.

2. Jay Larkin permalink
    February 28, 2012 8:36 am

I think this is less a laziness issue more a recipe memorization problem. Too many components to recall.

3. williepitt permalink
    February 28, 2012 10:48 am

Ya, Jay, I agree. HOW IN TUNKET can one remember coffee, ice, water and milk? And possibly sweetener too! 🙂

4. February 28, 2012 11:01 am

Hm, go back 50 years…
    “Is it really that hard to cut up a chicken?”
    Go back 50 more years…
    “Is it really that hard to slaughter and pluck a chicken”?

etc.etc.etc.
    Or, canned stock has been around for decades and is as easy to make as iced coffee. Nothing new!

• February 28, 2012 9:06 pm

I’m one of those purists who makes her own stock. I draw the line at plucking chickens, though.

• February 28, 2012 11:51 pm

So think, 50 years from now… “Ugh, direct cerebral-gustational interface? Is it that hard to insert a feeding tube?”

5. Shannon permalink
    February 28, 2012 11:08 am

I don’t drink coffee so I cannot comment on this but I kind of put that in the category of pre-mixed cocktails (i.e., Cosmopolitan in a bottle) in a bottle. Laziness aside, I would want to make MY WAY, not pre-mixed.

Nah.

• williepitt permalink
      February 29, 2012 10:02 am

Shannon, I agree with you.

We drink a LOT of iced coffee in the summer. We store a concentrate (made with instant coffee) in the fridge and dilute it as necessary. If we want it au lait, we add milk and sweetener.

That way, we can have it according to our standards of the moment and it’s nearly as convenient as the premixed things.