First things first – a boucherie is a butcher shop. And, you probably didn’t know that SCCC had one, did you? Well, they do and it’s open now for the Spring semester.
The Boucherie is offering hand-crafted products, made in-house by garde manger students in SCCC’s Culinary Arts program. They’ve got fresh sausages, smoked meats, pastas, fresh cuts of meat, and charcuterie (cured and preserved meats such as bacon, ham, pâtés, galantines, terrines, etc.). Selection changes every week.
I just received the info today, and it did not include next week’s offerings. I’ll post an update when I have them. I plan on checking this out next week, and I’ll have photos and more information then.
The Boucherie is located in SCCC’s garde-manger kitchen, room 103 in Elston Hall.
Hours of Operation:
- Mondays: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Tuesdays: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Tuesday Evenings: 7:30pm – 8:30pm
In other SCCC Culinary news: if you’re looking for some upcoming available tables at the Casola Dining Room for lunch or dinner, I found you a few oepnings (including a couple lunch openings this week). You must call (381-1399) or use the OpenTable website/mobile app to reserve – they do not accept walk-ins.
- Thursday, March 1 – lunch at either 12:00pm or 12:30pm (Spain/Portugal)
- Friday, March 2 – lunch at 12:00pm or 12:30pm (Spain/Portugal)
- Monday, March 5 – dinner at 7:30pm (Southwest France)
- Thursday, March 6 – dinner at 7:30pm (Southwest France)
- Wednesday, March 7 – lunch at 12:30pm or dinner at 7:30pm (Southwest France)
- Thursday, March 8 – lunch at 12:00pm or 12:30pm (Southwest France)
- Friday, March 9 – lunch at 12:00pm or 12:30pm (Southwest France)