Hillary Goes Down in Flames!

January 3, 2008

I recently wrote an email to the “Hillary for President” campaign, requesting a free bumper sticker. I was hoping to receive it in time for Christmas, so that I could put it in Bob’s stocking.

It didn’t arrive in time for Christmas – but it still has inspired many hours of hilarity in my house. It came in yesterday’s mail, and I handed it to Bob as a belated holiday gift. He laughed, and promptly stuck it in a prominent location:

100_2280.jpg

Yep, in the fireplace.

So, what did we do tonight?

100_2290.jpg

Yep, we lit a fire.

Hey, it’s five below zero tonight! We needed to keep warm! The hauntingly sweet aroma of melting vinyl was merely a bonus.

Thank you, Iowa, for the delicious irony.

1. Joanne permalink
    January 3, 2008 9:59 pm

Sweetie, as happy as I am that Hillary did not win, I hardly think you can classify it as going down in flames. She’s currently pulling 30% of the vote, and may very well finish 2. Don’t count her out, yet.

I’m just praying Edwards finishes 2nd.

2. January 3, 2008 10:16 pm

I, too, am hoping she comes in third. I shudder to think about watching the GOP use their massive oppo research file on her if she’s the nominee.

And speaking of the GOP… Huckabee? Seriously?

3. January 3, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh, and Joanne, I think she was referring to the fire causing the sticker to go down in flames, not Hillary herself. Too soon to count her out, certainly.

4. wendalicious permalink
    January 4, 2008 9:41 am

You’re right, Sweetpea, I was referring to the actual fire. I realize that she’s still very much in the race. As Bro. Gary liked to say – It’s-just-a-joke.

And, I don’t get the Huckabee thing either. I can not in good conscience stand behind someone who denies evolution.

Overall, I am disappointed in our choices again this election.

5. Shannon permalink
    January 4, 2008 10:39 am

Heh – funny. Not a fan of Hillary here either.

I’m not completely enamored with the choices either but if I had to choose one, it’s Obama. I just hope that he is good at learning from experience – quickly.

If there is something solid that I can say about him it’s that I actually believe that he means what he says and says it in an intelligent way. How novel.

Huckabee? Blech.

6. Shannon permalink
    January 9, 2008 10:10 am

So um…you were saying about Hillary?

Disappointed in New Hampshire, but not that surprised.

7. wendalicious permalink
    January 10, 2008 9:10 pm

I really was talking about the bumper sticker!!! I don’t give a crap about Hillary! 🙂