Random Reports and Reviews
Some culinary observations from the past week or so:
- International Delight makes a delicious (dare I say, Wendalicious?) coffee creamer called Marshmallow Mocha. It’s a Limited Edition, so I’d better stock up. I normally don’t like sweetener in my coffee, but this stuff is great. Absolutely chock-full of noxious-sounding chemicals, but I only put a little bit in the coffee, and we’re all going to die sometime…
- Long John Silver’s fried fish is awesome. I know, it’s absolutely horrible for you, but once in a while (see note above)…and their hushpuppies are pretty good, too. And at 29 cents for two of them, a bargain to boot.
- Just finished reading Michael Pollan’s latest book, In Defense of Food. His basic rules for eating: “Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants. ” Sage advice. He would be so ashamed of my two previous observations, but would be proud of my shopping trip today – I bought only REAL food, no “edible food-like substances”. Most of my money was spent in the produce section.
- Roast cubed butternut squash with olive oil, brown sugar, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and allspice. Yum!
- Amy’s Kitchen makes a kick-ass Mushroom and Olive Pizza. I’m going to try their Mediterranean Pizza with Cornmeal Crust next.
- Starbuck’s makes a really good “Skinny Caramel Latte”. Skim milk, sugar free caramel syrup…it also comes in cinnamon dolce (meh), hazelnut, and vanilla. Caramel is the best one, according to my taste buds.
- The Food Network looks AMAZING in high-definition.
- Alton Brown is hot.
- Alton Brown looks amazing in high-definition.