Come on Inside…
My fridge, that is. My friend Sue was interested in buying a seeing my new fridge, and I’m so in love with it that I want you all to see it, too.
First, the exterior – the “glamour shot”:
Pretty, isn’t it? It’s so shiny that it caught the flash from my camera.
And now for the piece de resistance, the interior – the “money shot”. I made sure to take these photos the day after grocery shopping, so you can get a glimpse into what makes me so Wendalicious.
Well, now that you’ve seen the contents of my fridge, I feel so…so…exposed.
I should at least tell you what I’m making for lunch/dinner this week, with all those tasty ingredients:
- Slow Cooker Lasagna (that was tonight’s dinner and it was GREAT!)
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs (my MIL is Swedish, and she shared her mother’s recipe with me)
- Bratwurst Pretzel Pizza (from last month’s Rachael Ray magazine, God help me)
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders (I have no recipe – I’m just wingin’ it.)
- Cilantro White Bean Hummus, as a spread on Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (cukes, roasted red peppers, feta cheese, tomatoes, all on whole grain bread)
I’ll definitely post the Swedish Meatballs recipe, since it’s so delicious. MIL made it for Christmas Eve dinner, and I’m hoping it’s going to become a tradition.
And the Cilantro Hummus is a pretty good copy of the version that Panera Bread makes. Their Meditteranean Veggie Sandwich ROCKS, and I wanted to make it at home. So I did! The bread I bought for the sandwich is from Rock Hill Bakehouse, called “8 Grain 3 Seed”. You can buy it in either Price Chopper or Hannaford. It is SO delicious that I often just eat it totally plain. It’s sweet, nutty, chewy and perfect for sandwiches.
I hope you enjoyed the journey into my refrigerator. More posts as more interesting items make an appearance…