You’re Going to Need an Angioplasty Stent After Just *Watching* This, Y’all

August 16, 2010

What the hell is she eating?

I’m not a big fan of Paula Deen – the mere thought of all that butter just makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  My dad the dairy farmer loves Paula Deen because, according to him, she is single-handedly keeping the U.S. dairy industry afloat.

An aside: My mom bought me a gift subscription to “Cooking with Paula Deen” magazine.  I feel so bad (and no one out there better tell my mom this), but I don’t read it – at all.  It’s too disgusting to even look at.  She also bought me a subscription to “Everyday with Rachael Ray”.  She knows how I feel about Rachael!  But, that’s a blog post for another time.  Please, Mom: I read “Cook’s Illustrated”, “Cooking Light”, “Martha Stewart”, and “Food & Wine”.  Any of those would make a great gift, along with a date with Alton Brown.  If you can swing it.

Back to Paula Deen.  I’m here to share the madness.  In this video from her popular Food Network show, Paula makes a sandwich involving a hamburger patty topped with a fried egg & bacon, in-between 2 Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  She calls it the “Lady’s Brunch Burger”, and it’s one of her most popular recipes.

Fast-forward to about 6:37 in – when you can hear a “SQUEEEEEEEEEK!”  It’s your arteries closing.

1. August 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Like Communism, family vacations, and all-night Barbarella marathons, Paula Deen is much better in theory than in practice.

• wendalicious permalink
      August 17, 2010 6:27 pm

Barbarella! Who thought that was a good idea?

• August 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Not to point fingers or anything, but that may have been you. My memory of events, however, is surprisingly unreliable….

• wendalicious permalink
        August 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Let’s blame Martin. He’s in France.

• August 17, 2010 8:08 pm

I can agree to that – now that I think on it, it was totally his fault.

2. Jackie permalink
    October 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Ok, so I bring Aaron to the world of Wendalicious and show him this. He insists on watching the video and is screaming in pain throughout the entire grits-making part and even more so during the sandwich assembly/consumption.

This is Aaron’s direct response – “This is the foulest thing I have ever seen in my life. Why was that woman eating that?!”

Trackbacks

1. What Do Paula Deen, Luther Vandross, & the Wisconsin State Fair Have in Common? « Wendalicious
  2. All’s Fair « Wendalicious