And I am now in love with that damned Cookie Butter.
Compared to Cookie Butter, Nutella is
a dirty crack whore an inferior product.
I also picked up:
- English Toffee
- Quinoa and Black Bean Tortilla Chips
- Pita Chips (sea salt and multigrain)
- Pound-Plus Milk Chocolate & Almond Bar (holy crap – huge)
- Hummus: Tomato-Basil and Kalamata Olive (I violated my own store-bought hummus ban)
- Spanish extra-virgin olive oil (cannot believe how cheap)
- Balsamic vinegar ($3.49 for one liter. Nice.)
Some other non-interesting things like chicken, ribs, and sausage.
I thought it was going to be a frickin’ zoo but I was mistaken – it was a godawful nightmare. People treat the store like it’s an amusement park – bring the entire family, block the aisle, stop to gawk at every.single.thing. I was frustrated much of the time, even though I walked out with everything I came for (and more). I will be shopping there regularly, but you can bet it will NEVER again be on a Saturday afternoon. I understand – I brought it on myself. Also: there is something just wrong about requiring cops to direct traffic into a grocery store. One friend (your pal and mine, DerryX) told me that the cops directed him not to a parking space, but right out of the parking lot entirely! He actually never made it into the store. Oops.
Anyway, just thought you’d like to know.
Related: Do yourself a favor and follow @TheCookieButter on Twitter. Or just mention the stuff in a tweet – he’ll find YOU.