This recipe is absolutely fantastic – an amazing blend of roasted vegetables and tofu, plus a surprising creamy sauce made with tahini paste (ground sesame seeds) and spicy Sriracha. Try it!
Tofu, Broccoli and Butternut Squash with Creamy Tahini Sauce
(adapted from WeightWatchers.com)
Serves: 4; 3 SmartPoints per serving.
- 14 oz extra firm tofu, drained and blotted dry, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large head(s) uncooked broccoli, cut into medium-size florets (you can also peel and thickly slice the stalks)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp kosher salt, divided (or to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 2 pound(s) uncooked butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1½-in chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp tahini paste
- 2 Tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp green pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Marinate tofu in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
- Toss broccoli with 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper in another bowl.
- Toss squash with remaining 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt, remaining ¼ tsp pepper and garlic on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); bake 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir; move squash to one side of pan.
- Spread broccoli out on other side of pan; nestle tofu down center of pan, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return to oven; cook until squash is tender and browned on the edges, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, water, remaining ¼ tsp salt, and sriracha to taste in a small bowl. Mixture will thicken as it sets. Add more water if you want it thinner.
- Plate tofu and vegetables; drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with pepitas.
Notes: to toast the pepitas, spread on a small sheet pan, spray with cooking spray and toast until golden, about 3-5 minutes in the oven.
Serving size: 2 pieces tofu, 1 ¼ c vegetables, 1 ½ Tbsp sauce, ½ Tbsp pepitas